About us: Our clinic is a 15-minute drive to Dartmouth and is an easy commute from anywhere within Halifax Regional Municipality. Our newly renovated expanded hospital has a large, bright, beautiful new space to work in!! Eastern Passage Village Veterinary Clinic has been proudly an active member of our community in the Halifax Region since 1999 and strives to provide the best possible medical, surgical and dental care for small companion animals. Our hospital is within close proximity to 24/7 emergency clinic support; therefore no on-call, no overnights, no Sundays, and no holiday schedules! Nurturing a great culture is essential to our team. We are passionate about what we do and enjoy a collaborative team that focuses on how to make our work life better!
What you bring to this role:
- Have completed a Veterinary Technician program; eligible to register
- Surgical preparation, assistance and patient recovery
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate patient records
- Compassionate care for our hospitalized patients and their pet parents
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to problem-solve or the ability to ask clarifying questions to help you find solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues and pet parents
- Passion to learn more within the role
- A love for all companion animals!!
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- Flexible schedules; full-time or part-time availability
- RRSP Employer Group Match Program! Saving for your future just got easier with VCA Canada
- Paid membership and dues
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards!
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offers quick access to quality care
- Access to amazing mini-courses
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
Interested? Please e-mail your cover letter, resume and credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org