We here at the Village Veterinary Clinic would like to take a moment to make everyone aware of the importance of regular oral care for your furry family members.
Just like you, your pet requires dental care. Routine professional care from your veterinary team combined with regular home care is vital to keeping teeth and gums healthy as well as preventing plaque & tartar build-up. Preventative dental care can reduce the formation of plaque, helping to maintain proper oral health throughout the life of your pet and help prevent other potential health problems.
Common Signs of Dental Disease:
- Bad breath
- Yellow brown crust along gum line
- Bleeding gums
- Pain with eating/pawing around mouth
- Tooth loss
- Changes in chewing habits
- Subdued behaviour
- Excessive drooling
- Negative Side Effects of Poor Dental Health:
- Tooth/Root Abscess
- Gum recession/bleeding
- Facial Swelling
- Bone loss leading to jaw fracture
- Bad Breath
- Pain and difficulty eating
- Secondary health issues such as bladder infections
Come in and visit today to discuss how we can help your pet have a healthy smile through diet, home care & dental cleanings! We now have several new diets, treats & supplements which can aid in the prevention of plaque and tartar. Please call or visit to learn more.